This week’s TOP 5 includes a 48 MW / 50 MWh project in Germany, Anesco and Limejump aiming at installing 185MW by the end of 2018 in the UK, Electro Power Systems receiving financing by the European Investment Bank, Advanced Microgrid Solutions partnering with Walmart to install 50MWh of batteries in California and some numbers on the observed boom in residential storage in Australia.
- A 48MW / 50MWh battery will be installed in Northern Germany to provide frequency regulation services to the grid. The project is developed by Eneco and Mitsubishi, and the storage system will be supplied by NEC ES. The 30M€ project received a 2M€ grant from the local government.
- Anesco and Limejump aim to bring 185MW of storage online in the UK by the end of 2018.
- The European Investment Bank lent 30M€ to French-Italian system integrator and developer Electro Power Systems.
- Advanced Microgrid Solutions will install 40MWh of batteries in 27 Walmart stores in California.
- The total number of residential installations in Australia should reach 30,000 to 40,000 units by the end of the year.