May 16th, 2014
This week’s “Top 5” includes a short list for a call for tenders in California, a new deal for Axion Power, an update from Ambri, new financing for Aquion, and an important step for Ice Energy.
1. Californian Imperial Irrigation District announced the shortlisted vendors on its 40-megawatt energy storage RFQ: AES Energy Storage, Black & Veatch, Coachella Energy Storage, Duke Energy Business Services, Invenergy Storage Development, PMCCA, dba Performance Mechanical Contractors, S&C Electric Company, UC Synergetic (Hitachi), ZBB Energy Corporation
2. Axion Power received an order for four 500 kW Lead Carbon battery PowerCube systems from a New Jersey Solar project developer. Systems will be coupled to 500 to 700 kWp PV plants and provide frequency regulation to PJM.
3. French Article – French Interview of Ambri Vice President of development. The company plans to test its first commercial prototype in 2015 and to reach 130 MWh of production in 2016. Standard product will be 1MW/2MWh.
4. “Trinity Capital Investment (Trinity) and CapX Partners (CapX) announced today their recent collaboration and closing of a $20 million venture debt loan to meet the existing and future debt financing needs of Aquion Energy, Inc.”
5. Ice Energy’s Ice Bear systems have reached the 20-million-hour operation mark.