October 10th, 2014
This week’s “Top 5” includes new projects for SK Innovation in Germany, a PV/storage demonstration project on a French island, 23 MW of storage deployed with Greensmith software in 2014, a flow battery purchased for microgrid application in Canada, and AES Philippines planning to deploy tens of MW of storage.
1. SK Innovation Co Ltd will help build a 5-megawatt battery unit in Halle, and later a 30-megawatt storage device in Magdeburg, both in the German Länder of Saxony-Anhalt.
2. French article – French PV project developer Sunzil launched the IMAGE project in the French Martinique Island. The demonstration project will include installing 65 5 kWp PV 7 kWh storage residential systems.
3. Greensmith saw the commissioning of 23 MW worth of storage using its management software solution in 2014.
4. “Newfound Energies, specialists in design and installation of wind and solar energy systems for off-grid power—as well as grid utility locations—in Newfoundland and Labrador, has just committed for two 30kW–130kWh CellCube vanadium flow energy storage systems to be integrated into a remote microgrid fuel and logistics center.”
5. AES Philippines “plans to build a 40-megawatt (MW) BES project in Kabankalan, Negros Occidental.” to “help solve the anticipated power crisis in the summer of 2015.”