February 25th, 2016
This week’s TOP 5 includes a 20MW project on PJM by EDF RE, the upcoming reopening of the KfW support scheme for residential storage in Germany, the launch of Durastor’s new large scale flywheel product, the participation of Hydrogenics to a power-to-gas demonstration project in Denmark and the commissioning of the first battery storage system in continental Portugal.
- EDF Renewable Energy commissioned its 20MW / 8.5MWh storage system on the PJM interconnection. The battery modules and power electronics have been supplied by BYD and the control system is managed by EDF Store & Forecast.
- The new KfW support scheme for residential storage will become active on march 1st. The global budget has been cut in half to 30M€ instead of 60M€ for the 2013-2015 period.
- Stornetic launched DuraStore 1000, its new large scale product. The system comes in a 40-foot container and is constituted of 16 flywheels, for a total power rating of 1MW.
- « Hydrogenics announced that it has been selected to join a consortium of European companies, including Air Liquide, for a €15 million Power-to-Gas demonstration project in Denmark named HyBalance. » Hydrogenics will supply a 1MW PEM electrolyser.
- EDP Distribuição and Siemens commissioned the first battery energy storage system on the Portuguese continental grid. The systems consists in a 472kW/360kWh Li-ion battery and is installed at the university of Evora. (in Portuguese)