May 5th, 2016
This week’s TOP 5 includes a 20MW project in Arizona by E.ON and NextEra, the launch of hybrid microgrids that include PV and storage by Caterpillar, a 1.5MW project in Connecticut, a successful round of investment for Nexeon in the UK and a 350kWh project for Aquion and Ideal Power in California.
- Tucson Electric Power (TEP) will enter into long-term agreements with E.ON Climate & Renewables and NextEra Energy Resources for the construction of two large energy storage systems, 10MW each.
- Caterpillar announced the launch of its new microgrid product line, that consists in adding solar panels, energy storage, and advanced monitoring and control systems to Caterpillar’s traditional power generation equipment.
- Connecticut Municipal Electric Energy Cooperative (CMEEC) announced the development of 13 MWp of solar power and at least 1.5MW / 6MWh of energy storage in order to increase the reliability of the power supply.
- Nexeon, a UK manufacturer of silicon anodes for next-gen Lithium-ion batteries, has successfully completed a £30 million funding round.
- Aquion and Ideal Power have teamed up to provide 350kWh of storage capability to a microgrid that would enable a California winery and farm to become energy self-sufficient.