May 20th , 2016
This week’s TOP 5 includes a partnership between SkyPower and BYD, the acquisition of Coda’s assets by Exergonix, Commercial success for Sonnen in the US during Q1 2016, a new support scheme for storage in Australia and reports of numerous orders for Electro Power Systems.
- « SkyPower has partnered with BYD to jointly submit bids in the upcoming tenders for the development of 750MW of solar projects and energy storage capacity in India. »
- Exergonix acquired all of the assets of Coda Energy, which went bankrupt at the end of last year.
- Sonnen says it sold 2,600 systems worlwide and achieved an undisclosed “seven-figure sales number” in the US in the first quarter of this year. The US are now the second largest market for Sonnen after Germany.
- Westpac, an Australian bank, is now offering low-cost loans for the purchase of PV, storage and EVs. Funding from Clean Energy Finance Corporation, a government-owned entity, supports these loans.
- « Electro Power Systems has reported “outstanding results” for the first quarter of this year as well as a €2.4 million (US$2.72 million) backlog of orders in East Africa, Asia-Pacific and Italy. »