July 22nd, 2016
This week’s TOP 5 includes a partnership between Wärtsilä and Greensmith, a possible investment in BYD by Samsung SDI, the purchase of 150 fuel cell forklifts by the Carrefour group in France, the delivery of a 500kWh battery to Lotte Chemical by Ensync, and 60 new houses with built-in batteries for sale in Australia.
- « Wärtsilä has entered into a cooperation agreement with Greensmith Energy. Under this agreement, Greensmith will provide the full optimization software needed for hybrid energy systems. »
- Samsung SDI could invest $450million into BYD in order to take a 4% share.
- The Carrefour group will purchase more than 150 fuell cell forklifts for its new distribution center located in Vendin-lès-Béthune (France). The project will receive funding from the FCH-JU.
- Ensync has delivered a 500kWh, 4 hour battery to Lotte Chemical as part of a long term development agreement the two companies have together.
- In Australia, new homes in a Melbourne neighborhood are sold with a built-in Tesla Powerwall. 60 of these properties are for sale this week.