September 2nd, 2016
This week’s TOP 5 includes 201MW of battery projects awarded in the UK, a double digit million euro acquisition, India’s new plan to integrate renewables, SolarCity’s minigrid in RDC and a Texas start giving a second life to oil wells.
- UK’s national grid contracted for 201 MW of enhanced frequency response service with 7 companies.
- The German utility RWE plans to acquire Belectric Solar and Battery, a grid scale solar plus storage provider.
- India plans to set up 10 GW of Pumped hydro storage capacity to integrate renewables into its power grid.
- SolarCity has installed Democratic Republic of Congo’s first minigrid at Virunga National Park, it consists of a 50 kWp PV plant plus batteries.
- Quidnet, an energy storage start up developing an underground compressed water storage solution lined up a new round of venture capital.