October 14th, 2016
This week’s TOP 5 includes two large scale PV plus storage projects in Japan, a 10MW battery project in California by GE, the completion of a 310kVA/688kWh storage project by RES in the UK, the start of operation of a Stem system in Hawaii and a partnership between Sonnen and Autogrid.
- Two solar PV plus storage projects will be installed on the island of Hokkaido. The first is 25MWp, coupled to a 20MW/10MWh LG battery, and will receive a FiT of 0.39USD/kWh. The second is 28MWp with a 17MW battery integrated by ABB.
- « GE and Southern California Edison announced a plan to install the world’s first battery storage and gas turbine hybrid. ». The system consists in a 50MW gas turbine coupled to a 10MW battery.
- « Renewable Energy Systems (RES) has completed work on its first utility-scale battery-based energy storage system in the UK, a 310kVA/688kWh battery, at a solar farm owned by British Solar Renewables (BSR). »
- A 108 kW / 216 kWh storage system supplied by Stem was installed at a consumer started its operation. The system was installed as part of a three-year pilot program to deploy electric storage systems at about 30 local businesses on O‘ahu, Maui and Hawai‘i Island and supported by the DoE.
- Autogrid and Sonnen have partnered to integrate AutoGrid’s flexibility management application suite with sonnen’s energy storage technology.