October 28th, 2016
This week’s TOP 5 includes a 50MWp PV plus storage project in India, a 20MWp PV plus storage project tin Tibet that integrates 7MW of batteries, a MoU for 50MW of behind-the-meter fuel cells by PowerSecure in the US, the release of BYD’s residential product in the UK and a 100kWh demonstration project in Morrocco.
- “India’s largest utility NTPC has signed a MoU for the setting up 50MWp of solar power projects combined with battery energy storage”. The total battery capacity should amount to 7MW / 42MWh.
- Sungrow provided inverters for a solar plus storage project in Tibet, China. The system supplies electricity to a village with 20MWp of PV and 7MW of batteries.
- PowerSecure, a microgrid and backup-power provider, committed to acquire 50 megawatts of Bloom Power’s fuel cells. and will offer them to its commercial and industrial customers through no-money-down installations.
- BYD is releasing its residential product called B-box in the UK.
- Solvéo Energies is installing a 100kWh storage system coupled to a PV system for demonstration purposes in Morocco. (in French)