November 25th, 2016
This week’s TOP 5 includes a partnership between Leclanché and Chinese battery manufacturer Narada, the inauguration of STEAG’s 90MW in Germany, an upcoming subsidy for residential batteries in Sweden, a PV and storage microgrid installed by Tesla in the Samoans and EDF testing Stornetic’s flywheels.
- Leclanché and Chinese battery manufacturer Narada have entered into a strategic partnership under which Narada will manufacture Leclanché’s battery.
- Nidec ASI and German utility STEAG have inaugurated STEAG’s 90MW of battery storage projects.
- Sweden will offer a subsidy for residential batteries offsetting 60% of the battery cost, up to a maximum of 50,000kr (5600$).
- Tesla has installed a PV + storage microgrid in the Samoas, in order to offset the diesel consumption of the 600 residents.
- EDF will test Stornetic’s flywheels in one of its concept grids in France.