March 24th, 2017
This week’s TOP 5 includes two wind plus storage projects in Europe by Vattenfall and BMW, representing a total battery installation of over 25MW, a 12,5MW battery project in Germany by Engie and Siemens, EDF RE launching a new business focusing on distributed solar and storage , a 2.4MW electrolyzer project awarded to Hydrogenics in Germany and French flywheel manufacturer Levisys becoming BYD’s distributor.
- Vattenfall will add BMW batteries to two wind projects: a 3.2MW battery will be built near a 122MW wind farm in the Netherlands, and a 22MW energy storage system will be installed at a 230MW wind farm in Wales.
- “Engie Deutschland has awarded a contract to Siemens to install a 12.5MW/13MWh battery storage unit at its pumped storage hydro power station in Kraftwerksgruppe Pfreimd, Germany. The battery storage will offer additional balancing energy for grid stabilization.”
- “EDF Renewable Energy has commissioned a new business unit focused on Distributed Electricity and Storage that will focus on distributed solar and storage projects up to 30 MW in size.”
- Hydrogenics has been awarded a contract to deliver a 2.4MW PEM electrolyzer in Germany. The hydrogen produced will be reinjected on the local natural gas pipeline.
- French flywheel manufacturer Levisys becomes BYD’s distributor in France, Spain, Italy and Morocco.