April 7th, 2017
This week’s TOP 5 includes a huge solar plus storage project , with a 100MW/400MWh battery launched in Australia, Greensmith upgrading an existing NaS installation on the PJM interconnection, a German fund investing in battery module manufacturer Tesvolt, Susi Partners closing a fund of 66M€ dedicated to energy storage projects and 90M€ grant obtained by Gaelectric to build a CAES project in Ireland.
- Lyon Group formally launched the Riverland Solar Storage project near Roxby Downs in Australia. It includes 330 MWp of solar and 100MW/ 400MWh of battery (from AES) and will start construction in June.
- Greensmith Energy installed its software platform at an existing energy storage site (where 2 NaS batteries are installed), enabling it to offer new services including qualifying for the PJM frequency regulation market.
- IBG Risikokapitalfonds III, a Sachsen-Anhalt state fund, announced they invested several million euros in battery module manufacturer Tesvolt.
- Susi Partner’ energy storage fund has reached its first closing at 66M€.
- Gaelectric secured a 90M€ grant from the EU for its CAES project in Ireland.