April 27th, 2017
This week’s TOP 5 includes announcements for one hybrid project on a Greek island, a 40MWh project on Long Island to integrate wind turbines, a PV plus storage project in Arizona, a 1MW battery in Brazil and ANESCO that retrofits 10 solar plants in the UK with storage.
- Eunice Energy Group to develop a hybrid project on the Greek island of Tilos featuring a 800kW/ 2 880 kWh system alongside wind and PV.
- National Grid filed a lease for a 5MW / 40MWh storage system to be installed on Long Island, this asset will enable further wind integration.
- Arizona utility Salt River Project awarded the construction of a 10 MW battery coupled with 20MWp PV to NextEra Energy.
- Engie announced that they install a 1MW / 4MWh zinc hybrid cathode battery system from Eos in Brazil.
- ANESCO agreed to retrofit 10 of Ancala Partner’s PV arrays in the UK with battery units, totaling 12MWh of capacity.