May 12th, 2017
This week’s TOP 5 includes a tender for a 6 MW / 24 MWh storage system to be co-located with a 17MWp PV plant, a 2 MW / 2 MWh project in Chile by NEC ES and Engie, the launch of a bipartisan initiative aiming at supporting energy storage in the US Congress, Wärtsilä entering the energy storage market with several new solutions and a partnership between Eaton and the football club of Manchester City to launch a limited edition of a residential battery.
- “India’s biggest utility, NTPC (National Thermal Power Corporation) is seeking bidders to add a 6MW / 24MWh battery energy storage system (BESS) to a 17MW PV plant in Manglutan, South Andaman.”
- NEC ES has been awarded a contract for the delivery of a 2 MW/ 2MWh energy storage system in Chile by Engie Energia Chile.
- Two U.S. Representatives launched the Advanced Energy Storage Caucus in Congress last week. This bipartisan initiative aims at educating the members of Congress to the benefits of energy storage and accelerate job growth and investments in this industry.
- Finnish technology group Wärtsilä has entered the energy storage market with the launch of several new solutions, including hybrid engine and storage solutions as well as stand-alone storage.
- Eaton partners with football club Manchester City to launch a limited edition of its residential storage system.