7July 7th, 2017
This week’s TOP 5 includes an energy storage target of 200 MWh by 2020 in Massachussets, the acquisition of Younicos by Aggreko, the launch of a new business unit dedicated to solar and storage by Vattenfall, the completion of the acquisition of Greensmith by Wärtsilä and AES closing the financing for its 100 MW / 400 MWh project in California.
Foreword: this month, subscribers to our Update from The Field series learn everything about emerging PV+storage business cases. Not a subscriber yet ? Contact us for info about participating to our monthly webinar next Wednesday.
- The Massachussets energy storage target has been released by the Department of Energy Resources: 200 MWh will have to be installed by 2020.
- «Aggreko, the Glasgow-based power generation hire company, has acquired Younicos in a £40m cash deal.»
- Swedish state-owned power company Vattenfall has establisheda new business unit dedicated to solar-plus-storage with an initial investment of 150M€.
- Wärtsilä completed the acquisition of Greensmith,. The transaction is valued at 170 million USD.
- « AES Corporation has closed US$2 billion in finance for the 1.4GW Southland Repowering Project. The install in southern California encompasses 1,284MW of combined cycle gas capacity and 100MW of battery storage. »