July 21st, 2017
This week’s TOP 5 includes the launch of ENGIE’s energy storage park in Belgium, the securing of £30million investment by the UK developer Green Hedge, the announcement of a battery purchase by Australia Northern Territory, Sint Eustatius island expanding its PV plus storage system and Sugrow delivering a PV plus storage system in the Bahamas.
- Engie installs 20MW of batteries at its Drogenbos gas power plant in Belgium.
- UK storage developer Green Hedge secures £30 million of investment from Zouk Capital.
- Australia’s Northern Territory announced the go-ahead for a 5MW/ 3.3MWh energy storage system.
- Sint Eustatius island will add 4.4MW/5.2MWh to its PV plus storage system following the excellent performance of the system.
- Sungrow supplies a PV plus storage system to the Bahamas, consisting of a 250kW/ 500 kWh battery.