August 18th, 2017
This week’s TOP 5 includes 63,3 MWp of PV plus storage projects awarded in the French islands, the planned installation of 37 MW of fuel cell at 12 data centers in California, a 12 MWh project in Jordan to be coupled with PV, the acquisition of RES’ 20 MW project by TRIG in the UK and a 2 MWh project for a remote community in Australia.
- The French government selected 67 PV plus storage projects, totalling 63,3 MWp of PV to be installed in the French islands.
- Bloom Energy and PowerSecure will install 37 MW of fuel cell at 12 data centers in California. The projects are developed through PPAs with Equinix, the datacenter owner.
- “Jordanian PV manufacturer and EPC Philadelphia Solar is developing a 11MW PV farm, which will be paired with a 12MWh lithium-ion battery. The system will perform peak shaving and load shifting duties to support the grid during daytime hours.”
- British investment group TRIG acquired RES’ 20 MW project in the UK.
- A remote community in Northern Territory (Australia) will be equipped with a 1 MWp PV plant and a 2MWh battery system.