September 15, 2017
This week’s TOP 5 includes a 20 MW / 11.7 MWh project by Electro Power System and Endesa in Spain, plans by Drax to build a 200 MW storage project at one of its coal-fired power plants in the UK, BYD delivering its first high voltage home storage unit in Germany, McPhy being awarded a contract for the delivery of an electrolyzer in Austria and Stornetic delivering flywheels to EDF for a demonstration project in France.
- Electro Power Systems (EPS) has secured an EPC contract from Endesa to build a 20MW/11.7MWh lithium-ion battery storage project in Almeria, Spain.
- “UK energy company Drax is to consider adding a 200MW battery storage project to its coal-fired power station in North Yorkshire in an effort to add value through greater flexibility and extend its operational lifetime.”
- BYD announced the first installation of its high voltage home storage unit in Germany.
- McPhy has been awarded a contract for the supply of an electrolyzer by RAG. The unit will be installed in Austria and will be used to produce methane.
- EDF installed Stornetic’s flywheels at its Concept grid in the Paris region.