September 9th, 2017
This week’s TOP 5 includes a 18 MW / 7.5 MWh project in Switzerland by NEC ES, California Freewire developing fast EV chargers equipped with second-life batteries, e.on starting the construction of its two 9.9 MW battery projects in Texas, a 1 MW project in Czech Republic by Alfen and AES’ 20 MW battery project in Dominican Republic entering operation.
- Swiss power distribution company EKZ contracted NEC ES for the supply of a 18 MW / 7.5 MWh energy storage system to be installed in Switzerland next year. The system will provide primary reserve.
- San Francisco based startup Freewire is developing EV fast chargers equipped with second life EV batteries.
- E.On began construction on its 2x 9.9 MW Texas Waves energy storage projects co-located at the existing E.On Pyron and Inadale wind farms in West Texas.
- “Czech solar PV company Solar Global selected Alfen to supply a 1 MW energy storage system connected to its Prakšice solar PV farm. The system will be delivered in the fourth quarter of 2017 and is to be the first large scale storage system in the Czech Republic.
- AES’ 20 MW project in Dominican Republic is now operational.(in Spanish)