This week’s TOP 5 includes a 4 MW / 16 MWh project in Colorado, a partnership between Schneider electric and Sodium-Sulfur battery manufacturer NGK, Centrica planning to build a 100 MW storage system in Ireland by 2022, Moixa now able to aggregate third party storage systems and the completion of a 1 MWh vanadium flow battery by RedT in the UK.
- United Power and SoCore Energy announcedplans to construct a 4 MW / 16 MWh storage system in Firestone, Colorado. The battery will be used as a peaking plant.
- Schneider Electric and NGK have signed a MoU, under which the two companies will explore the market possibility for a solution coupling Schneider’s inverters with NGK batteries.
- “Centrica has revealedplans to build a single 100MW battery energy storage system in Ireland for delivery by 2022 to take advantage of capacity market and grid services opportunities currently under development.”
- Moixa will expandits aggregation platform to third party battery systems.
- “Energy storage firm RedT has connecteda 1MWh flow machine to the grid as part of its project with Centrica in North Cornwall.”