This week’s TOP 5 includes a plan by RES to develop two large PV + storage projects in Australia, AES deploying six systems of 1 MW each in Porto Rico, the selection of Younicos by Statoil for the delivery of a 1 MW battery system in Scotland, a financing agreement between Susi Partners and NRStor and a AUD 8 million grant for 4 R&D storage projects in South Australia.
- RES is developing two solar plus storage projects in New South Wales (Australia). The two farms would represent 285 MW of solar coupled with 120 MW / 60 MWh of storage.
- AES is working with the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (PREPA) to site and deploy six 1 MW systems to help the grid recover from Hurricane Maria.
- Statoil awarded a contract to Younicos for the delivery of a 1 MW / 1.3 MWh system for the “Batwind” project in Scotland.
- Susi Partners has agreed to provide up to CAD 120 million in financing to C&I storage projects developed by NRStor.
- South Australia has granted AUD 8 million to four R&D storage projects. Those projects explore technologies as diverse as Li-ion, hydrogen fuel cells, thermal storage and flow batteries.