This week’s TOP 5 includes two strong moves for New York and Massachusetts for energy storage, Neoen’s Victoria project going a step further towards development, the US National Fire Protection Association developing new standards for storage and a bill proposed in Florida to have solar plus storage as a solution in case of natural disasters.
- The governor of New York called for 1500 MW of storage by 2025.
- Neoen signed an agreement with the government of Victoria (Australia) to develop its Bulgana Green Power Hub project pairing 204 MW of wind with 20 MW/ 34MWh of storage.
- In response to Massachusetts’ sollicitation for up to 800MW of offshore wind, three developers offered projects that include an energy storage system.
- A bill proposed in Florida could make solar plus storage a solution in case of natural disasters.
- The US National Fire Protection Association is developing new safety standards for energy storage systems.