This week’s TOP 5 includes a possible 3000 MW storage target in Arizona, a solar plus storage microgrid being built in the Marshall islands, the upgrade of a 10 MW battery system by Younicos in Hawaii, a partnership between Moixa and the Itochu Corporation and Rolls Royce installing containerized battery systems on six vessels.
- A plan which includes a 3000 MW energy storage deployment target for 2030 is being discussed in Arizona.
- A solar plus storage microgrid (with 3 MWh of storage) is being built on the Meck Island, in the Marshall islands.
- Younicos will replace the existing lead acid batteries of a 10 MW system located in Hawaii with Li-ion modules.
- “Moixa has entered into a strategic partnership with Japan’s Itochu Corporation, which will see it sell Moixa’s system.”
- Rolls Royce will retrofit six Platform Service Vessels with containerized battery systems.
Foreword: Clean Horizon is recruiting an experienced business developer, preferably with track record in Germany or UK, to accelerate our activities in 2018. Reach out if you feel up to the challenge!