This week’s TOP 5 includes the development of a 100 MW / 380 MWh project by Total Eren in Autralia, a 50 MW projects in Arizona, Three batteries of 12 MW / 24 MWh each to be installed by French TSO in mainland France, Florida Power and Light announcing the commission of a 4 MW / 16 MWh battery and Origis Energy selecting Greensmith Energy for the provision of a 1 MW / 2 MWh battery in Massachusetts.
- Total Eren is developing a 100 MW / 380 MWh storage project in Australia, which will be co-located with a 200 MW PV power plant.
- Arizona Power System has signed a PPA with first solar for a 65 MW PV plant coupled with a 50 MW battery storage system.
- French Transmission System Operator RTE selected Saft / Schneider Electric, Blue Solutions / SCLE SFE, and Nidec ASI to provide three 12 MW / 24 MWh battery systems. These batteries will be installed on the French transmission grid to defer investments, as part of a demonstration project. (in French)
- Florida Power and Light added a 4 MW / 16 MWh battery system to a 74.5 MW PV power plant. The two systems are DC-coupled, which FPL claims is a first at this scale.
- Greensmith Energy was selected by Origis Energy USA to provide a 1 MW / 2 MWh battery integrated with PV in Sterling, Massachusetts. The battery system integrates LG Chem batteries and Sungrow converters.