This week’s TOP 5 includes a 120 MW / 140 MWh project to be built by ZEN Energy in South Australia, NEC ES selected to build a 55 MW / 110 MWh system for a 800 MW offshore wind farm in Massachusetts, Johnson Controls to install 10.5 MW of PV and 42 MWh of storage at the Maui college in Hawaii, a PV-diesel-storage microgrid including a 2 MWh Tesla battery in the Philippines and a tidal energy demonstration project including a 0.6 MW / 3 MWh vanadium-flow battery from RedT in the UK.
- ZEN Energy has received a AUD 10 million loan from the South Australian government to build a 120 MW / 140 MWh battery.
- Bay State Wind (a joint venture by Ørsted and Eversource) announced that it has entered into a Letter of Intent to work collaboratively with NEC Energy Solutions to develop a 55 MW / 110 MWh energy storage solution for its 800 MW offshore wind project in Massachusetts.
- Johnson Controls will install 10.5 MW of PV and 41.8 MWh of storage at the Maui College in Hawaii.
- Solar Philippines inaugurated a 2 MW PV, 2 MWh Tesla battery , 2 MW diesel microgrid in the Philippines. The community were the microgrid is installed used to receive power only 16 hours per day.
- A European consortium will install a 0.6 MW / 3 MWh RedT battery together with a large scale tidal energy project planned for the UK later this year.