This week’s TOP 5 includes plans by RWE to build a 100 MW battery in the UK, South Australia Water planning to deploy 35 MWh of storage over the next two years, Orsted starting the construction of a 20 MW battery system near Liverpool in the UK, AMS’ 10 MW distributed storage systems going live in California, and Lockeed Martin selected by Peak Power to supply 17 MWh to be installed behind-the-meter in Ontario and on the US East Coast.
- RWE Generation is investigating the construction of a 100MW battery at its Tilbury power station in England as part of plans to convert the former coal-fired plant to a gas peaking plant.
- “South Australia state-run firm SA Water plans to deploy152MW of solar PV and 35MWh of energy storage over the next two years in order to reach its target of zero net electricity costs by 2020.
- Orsted will start next month the construction of a 20 MW battery system near Liverpool to provide balancing services to National Grid.
- Advanced Microgrid Solution’ distributed storage systems representing 10 MW and developed in conjunction with Irvine Co (a real estate developer) are now live. The systems reduce the peak demand of 21 buildings across the Los Angeles area and are used by SCE to provide services to CAISO.
- Lockheed Martin has received an order to supply about 17MWh systems to Peak Power. The systems will be installed in Ontario and on the US East Coast to reduce the peak demand of consumers.