This week’s TOP 5 includes an 18 MW storage system in Belgium by Tesla and REStore, the completion of a 20 MW PV / 10 MW battery project in Arizona by NextEra, a 70 MWh project by Doosan GridTech and SK E&S in South Korea, Philadelphia Solar reaching financial close on a PV plus storage project in Jordan, and a plan to produce battery cells in China by Tesla and Panasonic.
- Tesla and REStore have deployed an 18.2 MW storage system in Belgium. The system provides frequency regulation.
- NextEra and Salt River Project (SRP) have completed the Pinal Central Solar Energy Center in Arizona, a 20 MW PV plant equipped with a 10 MW Li-ion battery.
- Doosan GridTech has signed a contract with SK E&S to build a 70 MWh energy storage system in Korea. The system is expected to be commissioned in September.
- Philadelphia Solar announced it has reached financial close on a project to bring battery storage to a large-scale solar farm in Jordan.
- Panasonic and Tesla are exploring the possibility of producing battery cells in China.