This week’s TOP 5 includes 100 MW of storage by NV Energy in Nevada, the commissioning of a 12.5 MW battery system by Engie in Germany, Enel and Russian Railways planning to install over 10 MWh of storage in Russia, Leclanché securing 76 M$ from its main investor, and Tesla expecting to install 11 000 residential batteries in Porto Rico.
- Nevada-based utility NV Energy “announced it has contracted for more than 1 gigawatt of new solar energy and 100 megawatts of battery energy capacity, in a resource plan that’s still subject to regulatory approval”
- Engie commissioned a 12.5 MW battery system collocated with a pumped hydro power plant in Bavaria, Germany.
- Enel plans to install at least 10 MWh of Li-ion batteries for Russian Railways, to reduce the peak demand of certain portions of the railway system.
- Leclanché has secured 76 M$ from its main investor to develop its activities and pursue acquisitions and joint ventures in the electromobility or stationary storage sectors.
- Tesla has installed 662 batteries in Porto Rico and plans to install 11000 systems on the island.