This week’s TOP 5 includes Ørsted selecting NEC ES for a 20 MW project in the UK, a 9 MW / 9.8 MWh project by Daimler in Germany, ESB acquiring a 7 MWh project in the UK, FlexGen contracted to build a 10 MW / 42 MWh storage system in Texas, and a power-to-ammonia demonstration project by Siemens in the UK.
- Ørsted has selected NEC Energy Solutions to provide a 20MW battery to be deployed near Liverpool, UK.
- Daimler has installed a 8.96 MW / 9.8 MWh storage system at a recently shut down coal power plant in Germany.
- Irish utility ESB has acquired a 7MWh storage facility located in the UK from developer Anesco.
- FlexGen has been selected by Vistra Energy to design and build a 10 MW / 42 MWh energy storage system at a 180 MW solar power plant in Texas.
- Siemens is opening a power-to-ammonia demonstration facility in Oxfordshire, UK. The project received a 500 000 £ subsidy from Innovate UK.