This week’s TOP 5 includes a 1000 MWh energy storage deployment target by 2025 in Massachusetts, a 41 MW solar, wind and storage project being developed in India, subsidies now available for residential storage in Ireland, Connected Energy and Jaguar Land Rover working on the second life of EV batteries, and a 1 MWh energy storage system being installed in New South Wales (Australia).
- A new bill in Massachusetts raised the storage deployment target to 1000 MWh by 2025.
- The U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) is supporting a 41 MW hybrid solar-wind-storage project being developed in Andhra Pradesh (India).
- Grants for residential energy storage systems are now available in Ireland. Any solar installation between 2 and 4 kWp including a battery system is eligible to a 1000 € grant.
- UK-based Connected Energy and Jaguar Land Rover are working together to use second life batteries in stationary applications.
- Tag Pacific is installing a 1 MWh battery system in New South Wales (Australia).