This week’s TOP 5 includes the creation of a 500 M$ fund dedicated to energy storage in South Africa, Germany reaching the number of 100,000 residential batteries installed, the approval of Xcel’s energy for the deployment of large amounts of renewables and storage, the extension of California’s SGIP toward 2026, and Amazon installing Tesla batteries at one of its sites in the UK.
- South Africa is creating a 500 M$ fund dedicated to energy storage. Several countries, including the UK, the US, and Japan are contributing to the fund.
- Over 100,000 residential batteries have now been installed in Germany.
- Xcel Energy resource plan for Colorado was approved by the PUC. The plan includes 1 100 MW of wind, 700 MW of solar and 275 MW of energy storage.
- SB 700, extending the Californian Self Generation Incentive Program toward 2026 and securing subsidies for an additional 3 GW of energy storage, has passed the California Assembly.
- Amazon will install 3.77 MW of Tesla batteries together with 4 MW of solar at one of its sites in the UK.