This week’s TOP 5 includes 373 MW of energy storage projects authorized by the Irish Systems Operators, residential storage overtaking front-of-the-meter storage in the USA, a partnership between Swell Energy and Autogrid in California, a 5 MW Virtual Power Plant in Victoria, Australia receiving financing, and a 500 kW energy storage system installed by Stem at a commercial site in California.
- The Irish System Operators have approved the connection of 17 battery projects, representing a capacity of 373 MW.
- In Q2 2018, there was more residential energy storage capacity installed than front-of the-meter energy storage in the USA.
- California-based Swell Energy has signed a partnership with Autogrid to control the residential systems which will be installed in the Los Angeles area (as part of a contract with SCE).
- “Australia’s Origin Energy is set to build its first 5MW virtual power plant (VPP) in Victoria after receiving financial backing from the Victorian Government.”
- Stem has installed a 500 kW energy storage system at Pelican’s headquarters in California.