This week’s TOP 5 includes the DOE announcing R&D grants, a 6.5MWh project announced in Antigua, a UK a vanadium flow battery starting operation in Massachussetts, a UK fund buying 19MW of projects, juwi to build a 600kWh in an Australian island.
- In the US, the DOE announced that 28 $ million of R&D grants will be delivered to ten energy storage projects.
- The British developer PV Energy has signed an agreement with the governments of Antigua and Barbuda to develop a 10 MWp PV coupled with 6.5 MWh of storage in Antigua.
- Gore street bought two energy storage projects awarded frequency regulation and capacity market contracts to Origami, representing 19 MW at a price of £ 7.3 million.
- juwi Renewable Energy and the University of Queensland signed off on an agreement to develop a 500 kWp PV / 0.6 MWh Va flow battery hybrid power solution at the Heron Island (Australia).
- Massachussetts transmission system operator has startedoperating the Shirley 600kWh Va flow battery delivered by Vionx Energy.