This week’s TOP 5 includes over 1 GWh of energy storage to be deployed together with solar in Hawaii, 50 MW of storage to be deployed in the French overseas territories, the new start of Alevo, New York making 40 M$ available to support solar plus storage projects, and a 10 MW solar plus storage project in Siberia.
- The Hawaiian Electric Companies have selected seven solar plus storage projects to be deployed on three islands (Hawaii, Maui and Ohau), totaling 260 MW of solar and 1060 MWh of storage.
- The French regulator has approved 11 energy storage projects to be deployed in the French overseas territories, representing a total of 50 MW and 57 MWh.
- Former Alevo executives are relaunching the company’s activities under a new name: Innolith. The new entity will focus on R&D rather than on manufacturing.
- New York is making 40 M$ available to support solar plus storage projects.
- A battery supplied by Saft will be installed at a 10 MW solar farm developed by Hevel group in southern Siberia.