This week’s TOP 5 includes the commissioning of a 30 MW battery system in Australia, Ameresco being awarded a contract to deliver a microgrid including a 8 MWh battery to a US Army base in Texas, the construction of a 16 MWh battery by Tesla and United Power in Colorado, a 1 MW / 4 MWh battery to be deployed at the San Diego Zoo by EDF, and BYD commissioning the first utility-scale battery of Poland.
- “The Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) has commissioned a 30 MW / 30 MWh grid scale battery storage system in Victoria state.”
- Ameresco will install a microgrid composed of 20 MW of PV and a 4 MW / 8 MWh battery system at a US Air Force base in Texas.
- United Power and Tesla are finishing the construction of a 4 MW / 16 MWh battery storage system in Colorado. The system is expected to come online next month.
- EDF will install a 1 MW / 4 MWh battery system at the San Diego Zoo to reduce demand charges.
- “BYD has started up its first grid-scale energy storage project in Poland with the official opening of its new 1.26 MW / 2.52 MWh energy storage facility.”