This week’s TOP 5 includes a 5 MW / 10 MWh battery system to be co-located with a floating gas power plant in the Dominican Republic, a partnership between ESS, Inc and CWL in Canada, Sonnen now manufacturing batteries in Australia, UK startup Storelectric raising £ 1 million in funding, and a local support scheme for residential storage in Australia.
- “A natural gas power plant that floats on water will be built in the Dominican Republic and equipped with a 5 MW/ 10 MWh battery energy storage system supplied by Fluence.”
- Flow battery manufacturer ESS, Inc has signed a partnership with Canadian developer CWL to deploy ESS’ systems across Canada.
- “Germany battery storage manufacturer Sonnen says it has begun assembly of batteries in Australia for the first time”
- Storelectric, a UK company developing a CAES solution, has received 1 million GBP in funding from green tech investors 350PPM.
- In Australia, the Port Pirie Regional Council is helping residents to acquire energy storage systems at a low cost.