This week’s TOP 5 includes the completion of the 49 MW Roosecote project by Centrica in the UK, Macquarie Capital closing financing for over 300 MWh of projects in California, a 180 MW / 720 MWh battery system being deployed in China, the inauguration of a 4 MW / 16 MWh battery system in Colorado by Engie, and an Indian startup developing a novel technology of fast charging batteries.
- “In the UK, Centrica has formally announced the completion of its 49MW Roosecote battery storage project, 18 months after construction started.”
- Macquarie Capital announced the closing of a $100 million debt financing for a 52.5 MW / 315 MWh portfolio of projects in Southern California Macquarie acquired from Advanced Microgrid Solutions in 2016.
- In China, the Gansu Provincial Development & Reform Commission is deploying a 180 MW / 720 MWh pilot battery system and expects to have it commissioned by next year.
- “The North American unit of French energy group Engie inaugurated a 4-MW/16-MWh lithium-ion battery storage facility in Colorado, which it installed for electric power cooperative United Power.”
- An Indian start-up has developed a novel battery which it claims can charge electric vehicles in under 15 minutes.