This week’s TOP 5 includes the purchase of 100 MW of energy storage by El Paso Electric in Texas, the planned deployment of 100 MW of battery storage by NV Energy in Nevada, the completion of a 10 MW / 42 MWh battery system by Luminant in Texas, the completion of a 20 MW battery system by Ørsted in the UK, and a partnership between Eguana technology and Hannah solar to propose energy storage solutions in Georgia and South Carolina.
- El Paso Electric selected 100 MW of energy storage as part as an “all source RFP for electric power supply”. Gas, wind and solar have also been selected as part of the solicitation process.
- NV Energy, a utility in Nevada, will deploy 100 MW of energy storage by 2021 as part of its integrated resource plan.
- Luminant, a subsidiary of Vistra Energy, announced that its 10 MW / 42 MWh Upton 2 battery energy storage system project located in Texas has finished construction and began operating.
- Ørsted’s first standalone battery energy storage system, a 20 MW system located in Carnegie Road, UK, has now entered operation.
- Eguana Technologies and Hannah Solar announced that the companies have partnered to bring residential and commercial energy storage systems to home and business owners in Georgia and South Carolina.