This week’s TOP 5 includes a 100 MWh by CATL in China, a 10 MW project by Saft in the Bermudas, two solar plus storage projects in India representing 42 MWh of energy storage capacity being developed, a 8.2 MWh battery storage project to be coupled with a PV system in Massachusetts, and a gold mine in Australia being equipped with a 8 MW PV plant and a 2 MW / 1 MWh battery.
- “A 100 MWh battery energy storage system by CATL has been integrated with 400 MW of wind energy, 200 MW of PV and 50 MW of concentrated PV (CPV) in a huge demonstration project in China.”
- Battery manufacturer Saft is deploying a 10 MW / 5 MWh battery on the Bermudas for frequency regulation.
- Two solar plus storage projects of 7 MWp and 21 MWh of battery storage will be installed in the North East of India.
- Storage Power Systems (SPS) will install a 3.5 MW / 8.2 MWh battery storage system for Industria Engineering in Grafton, Massachusetts, as part of a solar plus storage project. Commissioning is expected in late Q4 2019.
- A gold mine in Australia will be equipped by a 8 MWp PV plant as well as a 2MW / 1 MWh battery by Aggreko. The PV and battery systems will be integrated to an existing 24 MW gas power plant.