This week’s TOP 5 includes a large tender for 3.6 GWh of energy storage coupled with PV in India, the development of a 30 MWh battery storage system by GridServe in the UK, the deployment of 1.9 MW of ice storage by IceEnergy in California, Statkraft launching a 1 GW Virtual Power Plant combining Gas, renewables and energy storage, and an upcoming auction for up to 100 MW of energy storage in Portugal in 2020.
- Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) has announced three huge tenders across the country, including one with 1.2 GW of PV and 3.6 GWh of energy storage.
- GridServe, a UK-based developer, financier and operator of large-scale solar energy projects, will start construction on a 27 MW / 30 MWh battery storage system co-located with a 34.7 MW PV plant.
- Ice Energy has deployed 1.9 MW of ice storage solutions in Southern California, out of the 21.6 MW planned to be installed by 2020 for SCE.
- “Statkraft has launched a 1GW renewables, battery storage and flexible gas virtual power plant (VPP) in the UK and aims to double its capacity by the summer.”
- Portugal will hold an auction for 50 to 100 MW of “renewable capacity” in 2020. This program could provide a boost for energy storage in the country.