This week’s TOP 5 includes the completion of the largest Swiss energy storage system with an 18MW/7.5MWh rating, the introduction of three bipartisan energy storage bills in the American Congress, Saba island running on 100% solar for the first time ever, Arkansas welcoming its future first 100 MWp PV plus 30MW/30MWh storage plant and the approval of the Indian ‘National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Battery Storage’
- NEC announced the completion of Switzerland’s largest energy storage system standing at a 18MW/7.5 MWh sizing.
- Three new bills to increase grid reliability and renewable energy integration in the US thanks to energy storage.
- The Dutch island of Saba runs on 100% solar for the first time ever thanks to a solar-plus-storage microgrid.
- Arkansas will be welcoming its first solar-plus-storage plant combining 100 MWp of solar PV with 30MW/30MWh of storage.
- The Indian Union Cabinet approved the ‘National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Battery Storage’ to encourage local adoption and manufacturing of electric vehicles and storage equipment.