This week’s TOP 5 includes the world’s largest battery (409 MW / 900 MWh) announced by Florida Power and Light, the commissioning of a 6 MW battery system in Bonaire, BYD signing a partnership to deploy 100 MWh of energy storage in Mexico, two solar-storage-diesel minigrids in Eritrea by SolarCentury, and a PV plus storage project (with 2.35 MWh of battery) being deployed in Cyprus.
- Sunshine Florida Power and Light has announced plans to build the world’s largest battery, with 409 MW and 900 MWh. The system is expected to be commissioned by 2021.
- ContourGLobal Bonaire has commissioned a 6 MW energy storage system (supplied by Wartsila).
- BYD has signed a deal with Pireos Capital to deploy 100 MWh of energy storage in Mexico.
- UK company Solarcentury has commissioned two solar-storage-diesel mini-grids in rural communities in Eritrea using Tesla batteries.
- The university of Nicosia in Cyprus will deploy a 5 MWp PV plant together with a 2.35 MWh battery system.