This week’s TOP 5 includes the financial close of Renault’s project to install 45 MW of battery storage in France, a 7 MWh battery system installed in Japan by Tesla, a collaboration between Pivot Power and RedT to hybridize flow and Li-ion batteries in the UK, an initiative in Maryland to oblige investor-owned utilities to deploy energy storage, and 24 MW of battery storage systems being deployed in China by NEC ES.
- Renault’s project to install 45 MW of stationary battery systems in France to provide services to the grid has received financial close.
- Tesla has installed a 7 MWh battery system in Osaka, Japan to provide emergency backup power for a train line.
- Pivot Power will collaborate with RedT on a hybrid battery energy storage project combining a 48 MW / 50 MWh Li-ion battery with a 5 MWh flow machine.
- “Maryland lawmakers passed an energy storage pilot program that requires investor-owned electric utility companies in the state to solicit two energy storage projects.”
- NEC Energy Solutions has commissioned two projects of 9 MW each to provide frequency regulation services in China. A third project of 6 MW is currently under construction.