This week’s TOP 5 includes the launch of a new fund dedicated to storage in the UK by Gresham House, 24 MWh of battery storage being built in Arkansas, a PV plus storage project including 8 MWh of Li-ion batteries in Russia, Europe investing 6B€ in battery manufacturing, and a 17 MW project being developed in Sussex, UK.
- “Gresham House has confirmed it is to launch a fresh fund raising drive as it sets its sights on a new, 182MW pipeline of battery storage projects.”
- Ozarks Electric Cooperative, an Arkansas-based utility, broke ground on two solar power systems with a combined 12-megawatts of solar generation and a total of 24-megawatt hours of energy storage.
- Russian developer and PV manufacturer Hevel Group will builda 10MW PV plant coupled with an 8 MWh Li-ion battery system in the Burzyan district.
- 5 to 6 B€ will be invested in battery manufacturing in Europe, including subsidies of up to 1.2 B€. The companies taking part in the project include Saft, PSA, and Opel.
- The West Sussex County Council (UK) is planning to invest 11 M£ in a 17 MW energy storage system.