This week’s TOP 5 includes a 50 MW/ 200 MWh flow battery project in South Australia by Cellcube, the start of operation of a 16 MW frequency regulation project in Germany, Voltalia deploying 10 MW and 11.3 MWh of battery storage in French Guyana, a 8.9 MW/18 MWh project by Honeywell in Ontario, and the completion of a 500 kW / 1000 kWh system by NEC ES in Oregon.
- South-east Asian developer Pangea has signed a letter of intent with Cellcube to procure a 50MW / 200MWh vanadium flow battery to be coupled with a 50MW solar PV project in Port Augusta, South Australia.
- Upside group and SMA have started operation on a 16 MW / 25 MWh lead-carbon battery storage project providing frequency regulation services in Germany. The batteries were provided by Narada.
- French developer Voltalia has launched the construction of two storage units using batteries in French Guyana, for a total installed capacity of 10 MW and a usable capacity of 11.3 MWh.
- Honeywell will deliver a 8.9 MW / 18 MWh system in Ontario to Saturn Power, a developer and EPC.
- NEC Energy Solutions announced the completion of a 500 kW/1000 kWh battery storage system at Howard Elementary School in Eugene, Oregon.