This week’s TOP 5 includes the submittal of the “Better Energy Storage Technology (BEST) Act” by US Senators, SECI’s two-month extension of the bid deadline for Lakshadweep’s 20 MW PV plus 60 MWh battery storage project, Pedernales Electric Cooperative’s first-ever battery storage system, Audi’s new 1.9 MWh second-life battery energy storage facility and Sonnen’s latest fixed-price solar and storage plan.
- Energy storage set to benefit from $300 million over five years thanks to the “Better Energy Storage Technology (BEST)” Act.
- The Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) announced a two-month extension of the bid submission deadline for Lakshadweep’s 20 MWp Solar plus 60 MWh battery storage project. The new bid submission deadline is August 5, 2019.
- The Pedernales Electric Cooperative (PEC) and Aggreko will be installing a 2.25 MW/4.5 MWh battery storage system in Johnson County, Texas.
- BELECTRIC completed Audi’s latest 1.9 MWh second-life battery energy storage project.
- Sonnen launched SonnenFlat, a fixed-price solar and storage plan in Victoria, Australia.