This week’s TOP 5 includes India’s Madhya Pradesh search for 500 MW of energy storage, Duke Energy Florida’s intention to build its largest roster of energy storage projects, the commissioning of two new storage systems on the USA’s Atlantic Coast , Sinochem’s plans for a 20 GWh Li-ion battery factory and Eversource’s plan to replace power line investments with storage ones.
- India’s Madhya Pradesh Power Management Company (MPPMCL) is seeking 500 MW of energy storage.
- Duke Energy Florida will be installing three new storage projects totaling 22 MW.
- The East Coast welcomes two new energy storage systems of 2MW/3.8 MWh and 3MW/5MWh located in Pulaski, NY and Ashburnham, MA , respectively.
- Sinochem set to build a 20 GWh lithium-ion battery factory in Jiangsu.
- Eversource Energy will be deferring investments in a $6 million, 10-mile, power line thanks to a 1.7MW/6.8MWh battery storage system.