This week’s TOP 5 includes the World Bank’s approval of a USD 300 million loan to promote battery storage in China, a Nevada solar-plus-storage project fostering the world’s largest storage system, New Jersey’s plan to host 2,000 MW of energy storage by 2030, Puerto Rico’s latest plan to install 1,800 MW of solar PV and 920 MW of energy storage by 2024 and the approval of ScottishPower’s proposed 50 MW storage addition to the UK’s biggest onshore wind farm.
- The World Bank approved a US$300 million loan for the China Renewable Energy and Battery Storage Promotion Project.
- Nevada project expected to combine 690 MW of solar PV with a 531 MW/2125 MWh storage system, the world’s largest.
- New Jersey eyes 2 GW of energy storage by 2030.
- Puerto Rico’s Electric Power Authority uplifts its integrated resource plan to install 1,800 MW of solar PV and 920 MW of storage within five years.
- ScottishPower to couple a 50 MW storage system with its 539 MW Whitelee wind farm.