This week’s TOP 5 includes the start of operations in Australia’s largest solar-plus-storage project, the contracting of a sole battery storage system in the UK’s latest Capacity Market auction, Iowa’s endorsement of an energy storage tax credit, Terceira’s plan to host a 15 MW/10.5 MWh storage system and Australia’s latest 5-minute rule that advantages battery storage systems.
- Australia’s largest solar-plus-storage project, the Gannawarra 60MW PV plus 25MW/50MWh storage system, went online.
- Centrica’s 50 MW Roosecote battery system was the lone storage system to win a contract in UK’s latest Capacity Market auction that cleared at a record-low price of £0.77/kW.
- Iowa’s Economic Development Authority (IEDA) is endorsing a tax credit for battery energy storage in order to complement the state’s wind and solar generation.
- The island of Terceira will be hosting a 15 MW/10.5 MWh storage system to help with renewable integration and grid security services.
- The Australian Energy Market Operator will be introducing a new rule that aligns operational dispatch and financial settlement at five minutes by July 2021.